One of the basic health issues being faced by the millennials is the lower-body weight problem. The prevailing workplace routine implied that professionals, especially programmer, graphic designers, web-developers, etc. spend most of their day sitting in their office chair. Thus, people who hit the gym are frequently dissatisfied with their lower body weight.
If you are one of those who look longingly at those slim, body-hugging dresses hanging in the closet or the one who has to shimmy sham every time you don’t fit into those skinny jeans you love so much, despair not! All you need is to spare a little time from your daily routine for this no-equipment workout routine targeting the saddlebags and reducing that thigh-bulge.
1. The Running Person
This exercise is for those longing for toned calves, hips, & thighs. Before we start, make your way to any raised platform around you; if you’re doing this exercise at home, the stairs will do just fine!
- First, you need to stand straight with your elbows bent on the sides.
- Place your right foot on the second stair (make it a large step) and once you stand straight on it, bring your left knee close to your chest and hold it for up to five seconds.
- As you hop off the stair, bend your right leg at the rear and use your left foot to land on the floor.
You can make your hopping on and off the platform easier by swinging your arms to add momentum. If you are out on the street or a park, a bench would do.
- Repeat 15 to 20 times on each leg and try keep your abs tight to make your workout effective.
2. Left-Leg Plank
This exercise is a perfect full-body workout and apart from the lower body, is an excellent exercise routine for strengthening the shoulders and the core muscles.
- Assume the high-plank position, with bent knees and put your arms shoulder-width apart.
- Tighten the abs and keep your butt lowered. Without stretching out your leg completely, raise your leg up to two inches off the ground and move it sideways. Return to the initial position and repeat. Switch legs and repeat the set.
3. Supine Plié
- Lie down flat on the floor and keep your arms on your sides. Stretch your legs completely and bring your heels together.
- Flex your knees while ensuring that the heels touch each other. Raise your legs; your toes will point outwards with the heels of both your feet touching each other. Hold the position for a few seconds before returning to the normal position.
- Perform three sets of this exercise with 25 repetitions per set.
4. The Leg-Step Routine
This exercise will boost your core fitness and tone your chest, arms, hips, and hamstrings.
- All you need is to get down on all fours and place your hands shoulder width apart and your feet pressed into step.
- Pull you left knee inwards towards the chest while keeping your abs tightened.
- Now, stretch your right leg backwards and tighten your glutes. Hold this position for three to five seconds.
- Repeat ten to fifteen times and switch legs.
5. Side Lunge
- Plant your feet shoulder-width apart and stand straight with your head straight and chest puffed out.
- Step laterally towards left ensuring that your feet point straight outwards. Flex your right knee and extend it sideways so that your weight shifts onto the left side.
- Keep your head straight for a good posture and maintain this stance for two seconds. Return to the initial standing position and repeat up to twenty times.
- Switch sides and repeat the set.
3. Squat Swing Jack
- Place your feet together and stand straight with arms held loosely on your sides.
- Squat down while widening your feet hip-length apart. As you land, reach for the ground trying to touch it with the fingers of your right hand.
- Jump back up by pulling your feet back together and extend your arm upwards.
- Repeat 3 sets with 30 repetitions per arm in one set.
7. Inner Thigh Scissors
This exercise is ideal for working your core. This move strengthens the inner and outer thighs and is perfect for toning thighs.
- Lie down straight on the floor. Keep your knees slightly bent and plant your leg on the floor while raising the other above the hips.
- Gradually open your thighs to bring your raised leg at an angle to the other one.
- Return to the initial position by squeezing the inner thigh muscles.
- Repeat the exercise with the other leg.
With this routine, you can readily loose that muffin top and say bonjour to your more active and robust self. Apart from exercising, a change in diet and healthy sleeping routine are integral to maintain a fresh and youthful form.